Cinnamon Swirl Bread
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of white sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon and Sugar:
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder
3/4 cup brown sugar packed
Preheat oven to 350F
Grease a loaf tin approximately 8" x 4"
Place Dry Ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
Place Wet Ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk until combined.
Place Cinnamon Sugar ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
Make a well in the Dry Ingredients bowl. Pour in Wet Ingredients, then mix 12 - 15 times until just combined –some lumps are fine.
Spoon about 1/4 of the batter into the tin (3/5" deep) and smooth surface.
Dollop about 1/3 of the Cinnamon Sugar over the batter.
Top with half the remaining batter. Dollop the remaining Cinnamon Sugar over the batter. Drag a butter knife back and forth (lengthwise and cross, to make the swirls.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Then remove and cover with foil, and bake for a further 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Stand in the tin for 5 minutes before lifting it out onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool before slicing.
Do you have a recipe that your neighbors would enjoy? Click the button and submit it to us. We would love to publish it!
1. Remove leaves and debris from your lawn to allow the grass to breathe.
2. Rake up matted areas of grass.
3. Use pre-emergent weed control in early spring-preferably around March 1st in Georgia, before seeds begin germinating.
4. Re-seed and water damaged turf if you don’t plan to apply pre-emergent weed control (the weed control will kill any non-germinated seeds, including new turf you may have seeded).
5. You may want to have your lawn aerated around or before March 1st.
6. Apply a light amount of fertilizer in early spring, then apply heavier amounts in later spring months.
7. Let your grass grow to three inches before cutting in early spring.
8. Check your mower’s oil and press the priming bulb three times before starting.
9. If your mower won’t start, you may need to empty out the gas and clean the carburetor.
Kids Snack Mix
2/3 cup of Raisins
1 cup of Kix cereal
1 cup of miniature marshmallows
1 cup of goldfish crackers
1 cup of Teddy Grahams (any flavor)
1 cup of peanut butter M&M's
Mix all the ingredients well and store in ziplocked bags. Enjoy
Planting Guide 2021
Nine out of 10 people are right-handed. More mysterious than the dearth of southpaws is the fact that humans have dominant hands in the first place. Why just one hand with top-notch motor skills, instead of a double dose of dexterity? One theory holds that handedness results from having more intricate wiring on the side of the brain involved in speech (which also requires fine motor skills). Because the speech center usually sits in the left brain hemisphere — the side wired to the right side of the body — the right hand ends up dominant in most people.
Bar-tailed godwits A loud, long-beaked, rust-colored bird broke the world record for longest nonstop flight this fall. On Sept. 16, 2020 a male bar-tailed godwit (Limosa lapponica) known as "4BBRW'' set off from southwest Alaska and flew for 11 days straight to New Zealand, traveling a distance of about 7,581 miles (12,200 km), taking rounding errors into consideration. The previous record was held by a female bar-tailed godwit that flew around 7,145 miles (11,500 km) over nine days in 2007.